These are some of my favourite papers from SAS Global Forum 2012 last month. I didn’t to get to see as many papers in person as I’d originally planned; we were very busy at our Metacoda stand. So it was great that the papers had already been published before the event as I’d already read most of the ones I missed.
As you will see from the list below, Continue reading “Favourite Papers from SAS Global Forum 2012”
These are some of my favourite papers from SAS Global Forum 2011. As a platform administrator and metadata fan I am obviously biased to a specific subset of papers. I’m sure there were many other great papers at the conference, but these are the ones that I liked the most based on my own interests. :)
- Best Practice Implementation of SAS® Metadata Security at Customer Sites in Denmark
Cecily Hoffritz & Johannes Jørgensen
SAS Global Forum 2011 Paper 376-2011
- PDF available from http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings11/376-2011.pdf
- Single Sign-On Configuration and Troubleshooting for SAS® 9.2 Enterprise BI Web Applications
Stuart J Rogers & Heesun Park
SAS Global Forum 2011 Paper 365-2011
- PDF available from http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings11/365-2011.pdf
- Using SAS® on UNIX with Multiple Active Directories as Authentication Providers
SAS Global Forum 2011 Paper 369-2011
- PDF available from http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings11/369-2011.pdf
- Understanding the Anatomy of a SAS® Deployment: What’s in My Server Soup?
Mark Schneider, Donna Bennett, & Connie Robison
SAS Global Forum 2011 Paper 363-2011
- PDF available from http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings11/363-2011.pdf
- Configuration and Tuning Guidelines for SAS®9 in Microsoft Windows Server 2008
SAS Global Forum 2011 Paper 370-2011
- PDF available from http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings11/370-2011.pdf
- Considerations for Implementing a Highly Available or Disaster Recovery Environment
Diane Hatcher & Jochen Kirsten
SAS Global Forum 2011 Paper 358-2011
- PDF available from http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings11/358-2011.pdf
I’ll definitely be recommending these papers in my SAS platform admin consulting and training work, and have done so a number of times already. They offer a great supplement to the standard SAS documentation and provide lots of additional background info for some of the common types of platform admin related questions I hear like:
- “How can I find out more about SAS architecture, what all the components are, and how they fit together?”
- “What’s involved in setting up single sign-on for SAS installations?”
- “What do we need to know about optimizing the performance of SAS software?”
- “How do we secure our SAS content, what are the recommendations, and what should we watch out for?”
- “What happens if we get a hardware failure on our SAS Metadata Server? What things do we need to consider in disaster recovery planning?”
I’ve also added these papers to my reading list so I can find them easily when I need to point someone at them.
Thanks to all the authors for taking the time to prepare, present and publish them to share with the SAS community.